City and Province Information
- Ph.D. in Political Science, Korea University
- Deputy Mayor for Political Affairs, Seoul Metropolitan City
- Member(Congressman), 18th National Assembly
The emblem of the City of Daegu has been used since October 1996. The triangles in the city emblem symbolizeMt. Palgongsan surrounding Daegu and the arch expresses the Nakdonggang River flowing through the city. The emblem was designed in order to present the future-oriented spirit and international mind of the City of Daegu.
Symbol of the Province
- Designated on July 18, 1972,
the city tree Fir represents strength, eternity, and integrity
- Magnolia as the city flower manifests simplicity, purity, and sacrifice.
- Designated on July 1, 1983,
the city bird Eagle represents the active and progressive spirit of Daegu citizens.