City and Province Information
- B.A. in Law, Chung-Ang University
- Former Mayor, Seongnam city of Gyeonggi-do
- Candidate of the Democratic Party for the 19th Korean presidential election
The logo represents a strong network and solidarity of the 31 cities and countries within the province as well as a robust network in the globalized 21st century.
Also, the logo characterizes a dynamism that is reaching out to the world in search of limitless growth potential and opportunity.
Furthermore, it reflects the province's ambition to promote co-existence among all peoples, paving the way by first overcoming the regional and class conflicts in Korea, and then expanding to the world.
Symbol of the Province
- A gingko tree endures hardship and has a very long life.
Its grand and magnificent appearance symbolizes great prosperity.
The tree also yields high quality wood and fruit.
A gingko tree is one of the most admired trees with its fresh verdure and splendid yellow
- A great number of forsythia grow in the area of Gyeonggi and they multiply easily.
They symbolize prosperity as well as friendliness, gaiety and grace.
- As the dove symbolizes peace worldwide, it also represents the citizens' aspirations for peace and their hope for the peaceful unification of Korea.