City and Province Information
- Ph.D. in Public Administration, Korea University
- 36th, 37th Mayor, Jeonju City
- Chairman, Jeollabuk-do Mayor Consultative Meeting
The upper part represents the high spirit of the residents of the province. Red is the passion of the people, green the beautiful nature of the province, and yellow symbolizes the vast, rich autumn fields. The navy curve is "Jeon" from Jeonbuk, inspired from the waves of the West Sea, it represents the province as a leading force in the Yellow Sea region.
Symbol of the Province
- A tree known for its longevity of hundreds of years. The tree represents eternal prosperity in the region.
- CRAPE MYRTLE
- With its continuous bloom and perseverance in drought, it represents the patience and endurance of the people of Jeollabuk-do. Description of Logo
- Korean myth says that hearing a morning magpie cry will bring good news.
We also hope a magpie will bring good news to our Province.