City and Province Information
- B.A. in Anthropology, Seoul National University
- Member(Congressman), 20th National Assembly
- Former Presidential Secretary for Speech Planning
"Gyeongsangnam-do symbol mark" represents the will to build up a bright future like the sun based on indomitable spirit of Gyeongsangnam-do people and its beautiful nature.
It also symbolizes the determination to of raising Gyeongsangnam-do to a world-class level.
Symbol of the Province
- ZELKOVA TREE
- It is a big hard wood tree with abundant leaves enjoying a long life span, and loved by inhabitant from the past. Its imposing disposition and magnificent figure represents the spirit of Gyeongsangnam-do people and symbolizes eternal prosperity.
Especially, the fact that people gather around the tree to discuss and decide important matters of the village shows us the realization of sprit of local autonomy.
- It is prolific all over the world and its beautiful colors and elegant fragrance enchant insects and people. It symbolizes the unlimited potential of Gyeongsangnam-do, which is stepping into the world with its strong and passionate spirit.
- WHITE HERON
- The white heron's elegant and noble appearance evokes affection from people.
It's spotlessly white and pure image coincides with the pride of community loving Gyeongsangnam-do people. Its characteristics of cleanliness, integrity, and independence are similar to those of Gyeongsangnam-do people who are simple, sincere, and diligent and it symbolizes the harmony and solidarity of Gyeongsangnam-do people.
- The bollak is a coastal fish living between rocks in the shallow water. They eat small crustaceans. Their colors vary according to their habitats but mostly gray.
It stands by the progressive spirit of Gyeongsangnam-do people and the boundless potential of Gyeongsangnam-do fishery industry that is rapidly growing in the world.