City and Province Information
- B.A. in Law, Seoul National University
- Successful Candidate, 24th Bar Exam
- Member(Congressman), 16th, 17th and 18th National Assembly
Jeju´s logo for the 21st century free international city symbolizes the clean natural environment and future-oriented image expressed in simple brush strokes.
The clean natural environment is Jeju´s pride and valuable asset that the world recognizes and that we have to cherish. The horizontal brush stroke stands for Jeju´s equal spirit.
With black symbolizing basalt as a base, green stands for green Mt. Halla and natural environment, blue for seas harboring limitless resources and orange symbolizes hope, peace, and the will of future-oriented people of Jeju.
The logo, that looks soft and rough at the same time, expresses flexible and simple Jeju culture and embodies the features of Jeju people who work hard toward the future.
Symbol of the Province
- Comphor tree symbolizes the Jeju People's characteristics, dispositions and beliefs. Nocknamu (camphor tree), well growing even in waste land or in a crack of a rock, is symbolic of diligence, thrifty ness and endurance of the Jeju people living stoutly while overcoming all adverse conditions.
It is an evergreen that never loses its freshness.
When it has new leaves in the spring, their colorfulness, like red flowers, displays the Jeju people's hopes,passion and inclination for an infinite prosperity.
- Chamkkot is the symbolic flower of Jeju. It grows well even in waste land or in a crack of a rock,boasting its scarlet flowers. It portrays the Jeju people's burning intention and cohesive will.
- JEJU FIVE-COLORED WOODPECKER
- The Jeju five-colored woodpecker mainly inhabits broadleaf trees in the forest.
It is a common resident bird found across Korea and is widely distributed in Japan, China, Siberia, and Europe.
The Jeju five-colored woodpecker is the species mainly distributed in Jeju, and it is small and dark.
Its head and back are almost the same as other large five-colored woodpecker species, but its low back and waist have the thicker white color than others.